7 Things That Drive Me Nuts
(collected through study, observation, and mostly, sad enough, experience)
1) When people explain how good they are. Honestly! Tell me what you did if you want, but I pretty much get how saving a kitten from an oncoming car makes you a wonderful person. You don't need to philosophize. Better yet to not say it at all, and then I'll think you're super sexy when I find out later on from someone else.
2) Drumming the steering wheel while listening to music and driving.
3) Clipping fingernails while NOT in the bathroom.
4) The games boys play. You guys have more rules than girls! I'm not kidding! And you think we're strange.
5) Not saying goodbye on IM! You don't just hang up on the phone!
6) NEW -- Guys wanting to teach me. I want a boyfriend and a buddy, not a professor. And I'm definitely not going to become your Murasaki or your Virginia. This seems to be an ingrained thing, though -- all the 18th century novels I'm reading have male love interests wanting to "instruct" and "educate." Oh, heeeelll no!
7) NEW -- Somewhat older people thinking I'm stupid just because I'm younger. You're only a few years older than me! You were still wearing diapers when I was born!
NOTE TO THE LADIES
Grocery stores are filled with couples and moms until about 6:00 pm. Then all the hotties show up. In my area, they happen to be members of the Coast Guard, in full uniform. Yum.
So, if you slip and fall on aisle 10, make sure it's at 2:30.
(Yes, this really happened. I still have the bruise.)
And NOTE -- Apparently, this is not the case everywhere, which is sad. If it makes you feel better, before 6:00 pm, all I see are jail bait, old men, married men, and drug addicts.
I am near desperate for a copy of Hannah Glasse's "Servant's Directoy" which is a how-to manual for domestic servants written in the 1750s, literally the perfect time. I can't find it ANYWHERE except at the Libary of Congress, and there's no way I can pay a visit anytime soon.
Sigh! Google Books fails me for the first time.
At least I found another directory, but it's 1820s... hopefully, it will be close enough.
And now I know how to smoke fish and pickle almost anything.
I wish we could change the "Friends" section title to "People I watch and love but who don't necessarily reciprocate". I always feel like a fraud if I put somebody's icon on there.... but I'm also a little too lazy to make the section in my journal. Maybe I should.
Journal design: [link]